pRE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PROGRAMME
Pre Foundation Courses
Our University Foundation Programmes provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that participants meet the minimum Mathematics and English language requirement(IGCSE) for entry to a chosen undergraduate degree programme in several universities in Ireland and the UK. See list of courses below:
- PRE UNIVERSITY SCIENCE
- PRE UNIVERSITY HOSPITALITY
- PRE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS / LAW
- PRE UNIVERSITY COMPUTING
- PRE UNIVERSITY HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
Student's Progress are monitored by continuous assessment of coursework and by the use of class tests. The final grade for each unit is based on a mixture of coursework and end-of-course examinations.
Successful students will achieve grades Pass, Merit or distinction in the units
Assessment will be by:
- Coursework (prepared assignments, unit tests, presentations and reports).
- Mid-course and end-of-course examinations.
- Formal assessment of levels and progress in English and Maths through Edexcel International GCSE programme.
Progression to university
Successful completion of the Pre-university Foundation will guarentee you a place on an undergraduate degree course with all Edexcel university parners
Assured progression depends on:
- Passing all the subject modules with the grades required by your intended degree.
- Passing the English and Maths(IGCSE)
See list of university here: - Edexcel Degree Course Finder
- BTEC Higher National Certificate Level 4(Equivalent to Level 6 in Ireland)
- English Language- IGCSE
- Maths- IGCSE